Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hot Days, Cold Drinks: Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte

In the summer, I love a cold, sweet drink in the middle of the afternoon as a refreshing pick-me-up, or after dinner for a cooling dessert.  Last summer, I did a series of my favorite cold drink recipes.  This summer, I want to link back to those recipes and add one that I just recently made up: iced pumpkin spice latte.

Pumpkin spiced goodies are usually enjoyed in the fall, but having recently discovered how to make this at home, I have been making it quite a bit.  Not only is it tasty, but you can feel good about having a vegetable in your snack/dessert!

Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
1 cup of milk (I use whole milk,  raw when we can afford it)
1 tsp instant coffee or powdered coffee substitute (cafix is my favorite coffee substitute)
3 T pumpkin puree
1 T raw honey or 5 drops stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or you can use 1/2 tsp of cinnamon with a pinch of ginger and a pinch of nutmeg)

Blend together until smooth (if you are using raw honey, make sure the honey is well blended in, raw honey tends to just break into small lumps in a cold beverage).

Pour over ice and enjoy!

Did you miss the series last summer?  Be sure to try one of these yummy recipes:

Chocolate Banana Shake - thick and chocolately
Green Tea Smoothie - creamy and energizing
Mocha Avocado Shake - my favorite pick-me-up
Hazelnut Iced Latte - slightly bitter but balanced
Vanilla Peanut Butter Banana Shake - smooth and rich
Homemade Lemonade - tart and refreshing
Coconut Iced Chai Latte - sweet n' spicy
Sun Tea - brisk and easy
Green Peach Smoothie - nutritious and fruity

No comments:

Post a Comment