Friday, March 6, 2015

My Late Winter/Early Spring Meal Plan

This past winter I decided to simplify life by making a 3 month meal plan, a 4 week plan that I would repeat 3 times.  It went very well over all (I didn't follow the plan 100% but it worked for us) so I decided to make a new plan for the next few months.

My main goal with this meal plan was to try some new things, and like last time, include at least one crock pot meal per week and meals that I can double and freeze.

I have included links to recipes where applicable.  Some of these are things I make often enough that I don't use a recipe.

Week 1
1 Hamburgers with sweet potato fries and carrot sticks
2 Sri Racha Meatballs (made with beef, not turkey like the recipe says) with Asian sesame-lime cabbage salad
3 Crockpot Chicken Enchillada Soup with warm buttered sourdough tortillas (I make half of this recipe)
4 Mujadara (I recommend doubling the onions.  Also, the site says it serves 4-6 but I would say it serves 2 adults and 1 child if it is your main dish).
5 Pizza with sausage, olives, mushrooms and bell peppers
6 Brazillian Fish Stew

Week 2
1 Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
2 Tuna Melt Sandwiches
3 Meatloaf with French Fries and Steamed Broccoli
4 Fried Rice
5 Chicken Pesto Pizza with carrot sticks
6 Fish Tacos (all you midwesterners probably think this sounds weird.  I did too until I lived in Cali and now I know fish tacos are the best!)

Week 3
1 Chicken Gyros with Hummus and Veggies
2 Spaghetti and meatballs
3 Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala
4 Thai Peanut Stir-fry
5 Pizza with Sausage, olives, red onions and mushrooms
6 Chipotle Salmon Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries


Week 4
1 Burritos
2 Quiche
3 Crockpot Sloppy Joes
4 Curried Alaskan Salmon
5 Pizza with Pepperoni and Bell Peppers
6 Pesto Pasta with Salmon Fillets and Steamed Broccoli

Bonus: desserts
I don't really plan ahead for desserts very often, but here are a few I plan to make in the near future

Five ingredient peanut butter cookies

Peanut butter cups

No comments:

Post a Comment